Facebook

Login

Support Sailonline

If you haven't already - join the SAILONLINE YACHT CLUB!

Please also consider making a donation - all amounts are greatly appreciated!

Board » Technical Support » qtVlm thread

Page: First Previous 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next Last

Sorry to report, the beta is exhibiting the same behaviour for me as did the previous issues.

No clue.
The menu are greyed or just not responding? Which ones if not all of them? The map is still responding? If you resize the windows does it reactivates the menus?
Sorry this is so elusive matai. The drop down menus for grib, routings and routes are the ones which cease to drop down. Left clicking on then lights them up purple okay, but no drop down menu appears. Right clicking on them still works giving a drop down menu. Everything else in QT appears to keep functioning..nmea instruments, tracking, etc etc. I did try resizing the window last time it happened but it didn't help. cheers.
What was the last action you performed in qtVlm?
I routed and saved the routing. But after that, it was still working. Then I moved the QT window below other windows I was using, mainly Chrome browser windows.

When the time came to do the next routing, I clicked on the QT window to bring it to the top, and the drop tabs weren't working.

The qt window would have been beneath other windows for around six hours (time between WXs) though occasionally I return and check progress during that 6 hour period. Somewhere in that time frame, it suddenly stops working properly.

--- Last Edited by Dingo at 2017-09-19 10:44:03 ---

--- Last Edited by Dingo at 2017-09-19 10:44:36 ---

--- Last Edited by Dingo at 2017-09-19 10:45:17 ---
This is very probably a bug in Qt, not in qtVlm. A new version of the library is due this month, and I can see many fixes concerning menus. Not exactly your case, but not far.
Wait and see.
Many thanks matai, we very much appreciate your contribution to SOL and also for dealing with ongoing isuues. I wonder of you remember me..I helped you with an English version of the QtVlm manual a few years ago, before you had any real connection to SOL. It's been quite a journey! :)
Ah yes I remember :)... It's been a long time since.
5.6-1 loaded, let's see how she goes.
I don't think this menu problem is fixed in 5.6.1. I am waiting for the next Qt version and when available (this week?) I will post a patched released. That is my best hope so far.

Page: First Previous 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next Last

Please login to post a reply.

Races

Next Race: 00d 00h 00m

Current Races:

Victoria to Maui 2022
The Victoria to Maui International Yacht Race, first contested in 1968, is the pinnacle of Pacific Northwest ocean racing, running every two years. This year, Sailonline invites the SOL fleet to race the 2300nm course in Delphia 47s, from Victoria, British Columbia to Hawaii, finishing off Lahaina Maui.
PRIZE: SMPF
Race #1596
INFOby brainaid.de
Delphia 47 PARTICULARS
WX Updates:
0430 / 1030 / 1630 / 2230
Ranking:
OCQ3-OCCH-SUPSOL-SYC
Race starts: Aug 09th 19:00 Registration Open!

▶ Flash
GO TO RACE

Brisbane to Hamilton Island Yacht Race 2022

Time once again to head for the warm waters inside The Great Barrier Reef, but this year not only online but together with our buddies at the Royal Queensland Yacht Squadron and their friends from across the world, in the iconic Brisbane to Hamo! Online we’re racing maxi’s to give you a chance to cover the 550 glorious blue water nautical miles in a time to best some of the fastest monohulls on the planet including Andoo Comanche, Black Jack and Hamilton Island Wild Oats . Fair winds, all!
Race #1606
INFOfrom brainaid.de
Super Maxi 100 PARTICULARS
WX Updates:
Ranking: SYC
Race starts: Aug 05th 01:00 Registration Open!
▶ Flash
GO TO RACE

Sailonline’s 15th Birthday Balloon Race
Sailonline offers a huge variety of boats to sail in. One of the more unusual ones has got to be SOL's Balloon, which was polarized by past SOLmaster 76Trombones. Notably, the SOL Balloon will actually ‘sail’ in other directions other than straight downwind, although it will not 'sail' over land or beyond a 'beam reach'. Like in 2013 and 2018, we will be taking the Balloon across the Atlantic from St. John's and 'land' it in the sea off the Cliffs of Moher.
Race #1605
INFO by brainaid.de
SOL Balloon PARTICULARS
WX Updates:
Ranking:
None
Race starts: Aug 01st 19:00 Registration Open!

▶ Flash
GO TO RACE

Simonstown to St Helena 2022
This is a copy of a traditional South African December yacht race, but this time we will be racing in the middle of European summer. SOLers are invited to race 1712nm in our GB90s from Simonstown, RSA, to the exotic and remote island of St Helena - an island paradise with warm, friendly, hospitable islanders!
Race #1593
INFO by brainaid.de
GB90 PARTICULARS
WX Updates:
Ranking:
ARQ3 - ARCH - SUPSOL - SYC
Race starts: Aug 01st 18:00 Registration Closed

▶ Flash
GO TO RACE

Go to race archive

SYC Ranking

1. Sailonline Yacht Club Member WRmirekd
  2. Sailonline Yacht Club Member Pit8008
  3. Sailonline Yacht Club Member rafa
  4. Sailonline Yacht Club Member FreyjaUSA
  5. Sailonline Yacht Club Member GREATSKUA
  6. Sailonline Yacht Club Member Vida_Maldita
  7. Sailonline Yacht Club Member Sax747
  8. Sailonline Yacht Club Member HappyHour
  9. Sailonline Yacht Club Member Satori
  10. Sailonline Yacht Club Member Kipper1258

View full list

Series

Mobile Client

SYC members have the benefit of access to our mobile/lightweight web client!

The mobile client